When you submit a recipe photo to BigOven, it is reviewed then rated based on the image quality and appeal. With every image submitted, we filter though the best ones to feature on the BigOven website and in the apps. While quality is very important to us, it also makes your recipe more appetizing.
Here is a list of some basic tips to follow when submitting a photo to BigOven:
- Use natural light and turn off the flash
- Focus on the dish itself, keep surfaces around it clean and clutter-free
- Try different angles for more creative shots
- Use simple, clean serving dishes to highlight the subject
- Add a garnish for a burst of color
Following these tips provides a better quality photo and the chance that your recipe and photo will be featured on the website or in the apps.
This feature is coming soon in version 1.1 of the app. In the meantime, we recommend using the website to upload recipe photos.